Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 a year of change?

The last couple of weeks I have been thinking a lot about my future plans regarding sci-fi design and modeling. With 2013 being the last year for the Ships of the Line calendar, it is time to move on to new grounds.

My current projects will take me deep into 2013 maybe even 2014. Since today I have a stop for new projects and that's a good thing. How much I love 3D modeling and design, I can't ignore that the amount of hours that go into it are about a factor 5 higher than what I get out of it. So why still do it?

Because I can! I'm able and most of the time (damn you Black Ops 2!!!) willing to spent hours in front of two 30" screens working on a small mini problem within a huge and overly complex model. I in essence love this, but I also love attention, and so far I always had to be secretive if it came to calendar work. I realise now that this is something I miss from the early days: when any small update I did (in the form of images)  got feedback. You have no idea what it does to a person. (In a very positive way.)

I get feedback on this blog and I love it, but I feel I offer little in return if it comes to imagery. So I'm going to attempt to do more visual updates in 2013. Small problem, the early warpship project that I'm working on now is a black one. So there we are again, in lack of images land. :)

Meanwhile I'm also thinking about this webspace, I need something "quicker", something that is more interactive during my modeling time. Sharing things with 1 click for example. This would mean a lot of small posts, making my blog more a pinboard than a blog with articles, but I believe that most visitors rather have small visual posts than no posts at all. :P

Also I'm probably going to change the name of the blog. The last couple of years I mainly did sci-fi/space related items, would like a decent name to reflect that. I guess it's my core bussiness/hobby. :)  (Links will stay the same.)

For now I wish you all a very happy and healthy 2013!!!