- The saucer of the Vesta is designed to be separable in case of an emergency
- For the last 2 years the sensors have been covered by white or black gel pads that I replaced by transparent membranes this weekend.
- This is the first image where the Vesta is firing weapons. Including the forward phaser cannons, in equal yield mode.
- Back in November 2008 Andrew Probert came up with the flowing pylon idea, he made a quick swept forward concept as well.
- The 3DS Max file of the Vesta is around 1,5GB in size and takes up to 10gb of ram during renders.
- A render of the Vesta takes 45 minutes in decent quality nowadays compared to 10 hours in 2009.
- Since Friday evening I worked about 20 hours to create this image.
Somewhere deep in my mind I'm thinking about a new Enterprise as well. Also I'm wondering what would happen if I would do my version of the TOS-E. Sadly my time is limited, and I need to pick my projects with care. Voyager first! :D
See it became somewhat of an essay anyway!